Garbage Disposal Repair, Installation & Replacement Services in Arlington & Falls Church, VA
A garbage disposal is an appliance that should be well maintained and used. If you suspect issues with your garbage disposal, call the pros from The Plumbing Dr. Reach us at (703) 525-9280 and we will dispatch a technician right away! Click here to access our online discounts and specials.
A properly functioning garbage disposal is essential for a hygienic kitchen. They are commonly misused by being overwhelmed with excessive food waste. This leads to clogs in the kitchen sink drain, so it drains very slowly or not at all. Garbage disposals are designed for light food residue and not anything else. If it is broken or clogged, it is recommended to get a professional to repair it and get it back in good working order.
The Plumbing Dr has a team of plumbers equipped with the appropriate means to diagnose and treat all of your garbage disposal needs. With years of experience and training, we can assist you in resolving issues no matter how big or small. Count on us to handle all of your Arlington garbage disposal services today.
Read what other happy customers are saying about us in our reviews!
Common Garbage Disposal Problems & How We Can Repair Them:
Garbage disposals have very sharp blades and an electrical connection. Our professional and experienced plumbers know how to handle this appliance to repair it or install a new one. Garbage disposal repairs require that the electricity be turned off at the circuit breaker.
The top five garbage disposal problems are:
- Clogged drain. We can take the unit apart and unclog the drain.
- Jammed blades. Sometimes, a bright light is enough to see the jam and remove it.
- Dull blades. Blades can be regularly sharpened by grinding ice cubes, but at some point, the blades will need to be professionally sharpened or replaced.
- Broken blade. There will be a rattling sound. The machine should then be turned off. At that point, we should be called to replace the blades or recommend a new unit.
- Leaking. The plumbing may be leaking under the sink from the unit or water connection. We can tighten the joints or replace a gasket.
When You Should Get A Garbage Disposal Replacement:
If the garbage disposal is not properly serving its function, is more than 10 years old, or the blades are dull or broken, it may be time to install a new one. Units can last longer if you take care of them according to the instructions.
What are easy maintenance tips?
Some things you can do to make your disposal last years longer are:
- Be careful what you put in the unit to grind. Coffee grounds, corn husks, egg shells, cloth, and bones should never be put down the disposal. Corrosive chemicals such as ammonia, bleach, or drain cleaner should be avoided. They can cause the requirement for an early replacement.
- The water should always be running when the machine is turned on. Water saves wear and tear on the blades. Make sure to use cold water.
If odor is emanating from the drain, a small amount of white vinegar can be poured in and flushed out with cold water after about five minutes.
If you need assistance with your garbage disposals, call the pros at The Plumbing Dr. We are available 24 hours, 7 days a week. Call (703) 525-9280.